Sunday, February 20, 2011

Condoms are cheaper than bullets: a true story...



(with permission - and blessing - from The Prince himself, I'm writing this...)


Make love - not war.


We've all heard that line a GAJILLION times before. As much as we don't like lines and/or cliché's for that matter - it's true or at least SOME of it are.


Take...THE WEBSITE for example.


True, it does have a LOT of rules (the much dreaded T.O.S.) and not to mention a BAJILLION people in-charge of making sure that THE RULES are always kept. 


Yesterday - I witnessed something which was quite familiar to me - and top it all off, it happened in PUBLIC.


Which made me ask a LOT of things and not to mention wonder - without sounding like a prude and/or close to it - one of which were:


Whatever happened to respect? (for both elders - that goes for AGE on THE WEBSITE and AGE in real life and/or to The Admins?)


I grew up in THE WEBSITE. I learned a lot of things. A LOT!!! Mind you, I did.


And even before that - MOST of the people in it knew me before in the old days of Inter Relay Chat (mIRC). (Undernet Server - #vampires with Atlantis, Antilla and yes, Nicnivian who shouts ORIFICE!! every time YOU *yawn*)


A LOT of things have improved/changed over the years on THE WEBSITE.


List make a short-list:


1. Before (I was in September 2004) the ONLY way(s) that one person can interact with another would be to either reply on Forum posts AND/OR to change one's comment on a profile. 


Message Center didn't exist and nor did Blasting OR even The BOX!


2. (Unless ofcourse since DAY ONE you were already an Admin) NO ONE had the FREEDOM to "design" one's profile - or no one had Premmy.


Everything was red and black. 


NOW, as long as one's Premmy - we can do WHATEVER we want - and hey, even have a background song and hey, even know who dropped by to check, right?


3. And yes, NOW, we have Webcams among other things.


In life, I've learned that, you can never avoid the fact that there are just DAYS that you get pissed and/or insulted because you feel like you were given injustice and that you don't deserve this - that is true.


THE WEBSITE has seen a LOT of people who HOWLED for INJUSTICE.


The ones that were Suspended Until Infinity (and yes - beyond)


You know them - I think? Well, guess what? I do - know one. No names, but hey, here's proof:





See? He has my name as referral. Oh yes, you can say that I brought in the BAD one.


He seemed NICE at first (they all are - take note) and (maybe) even did a lil' contribution or two and THEN things got a little weird and poof, INFINITY (I think he was second honor on the INIFINITY list.)


There were others too - who were rude and not to mention had no respect and/or REMORSE of what they did.


I'm NOT saying that we should "kiss-ass" or "lick-boots", naw. That's just stupid! 


We were given THE WEBSITE and we can do whatever we "wanna" but of course, there's ALWAYS a limit. Like for example, before, on THE BOX - there was THE NO SWEARING (whatsoever) RULE - but it got lifted now. So yes, everyone can say whatever they want - even with words like F or (ahhh) cock as long as YOU will (quote):


- not make posts of a political nature.
- not make posts that ridicule the philosophical tenants of any religion.
- not make rude, obnoxious, hate, or flame posts.
- not make overly sexual posts.


Should you know, I was part of The Admins too - seriously!




I always kept this message (you'd be surprised what I keep in my SAVED MESSAGES)

It didn't last long (a week or two, I think? Probably - I forgot) BUT, WHAT I DID NOT forget was the fact that I FLAMED someone in PUBLIC.


I BIT SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF!


And the next day - before you can say SHAZAM - I was stripped off of everything! Even HIS mark.


Yes, I howled at that time, and NOT a day goes by that I did NOT forget what happened NOR did I NOT forget the scenarios that ran in my head - WHAT IF I didn't do it? What If? What if? a LOT of what ifs!


But all was for naught - I did it, I was dealt with. THE END.


I have learned from THAT incident that it's NOT proper to be RUDE and/or FIGHT - for that matter and MOST ESPECIALLY in public.


So, you see - NO ONE is safe and/or gets a free pass in flaming/being rude in the Vamp Box or ANYWHERE even Dominars or Admins, how much more the Regular Members?


And if you THINK that there's injustice in all that's happening to you and/or what has happened to you before - put yourself in the Admin's shoes:


It's NOT like we're sheep and/or cows being herded - we're PEOPLE, we THINK, we SQUIRM at instances that we feel like it and/or we feel like we've been given injustice. It's NOT easy.


And I'm sure in time, HE will deal with it - given that the matter (God forbid) will blow out into proportion. 


So, for now, if ever you feel like you've been given injustice and/or anything close - PLEASE, do NOT explode especially in public - THAT is never a good thing.


I'm NOT saying that I know everything about THE WEBSITE because I've been there ever since, no. BUT, if you will, learn from my story - it's the truth. And it always has been.


Be ye therefore wise as serpents,and harmless as doves. - Matthew 10:16



No comments:

Post a Comment