Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Deus Ex Machina AND a Zit...



Deus ex machina /DAY-əs eks MAH-kee-nə/ (Latin) "god out of the machine", literary device which means = a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character, ability, or object.


For the life of me, I am - and always have been - a FIRM believer in choices - free will and all that jazz that I've learned from (dare I say it) SUNDAY SCHOOL!


Where, I've learned that, us humans are different because - aside from the ability to read - write and speak - HAVE free will and can choose whatever we want. 


Regardless of what country/situation we're in; may it seem hopeless or the country that you're in is under Martial Law (just like The Philippines from 1972 to 1981) there's ALWAYS a choice.


But then again, there are just times, as rare as they are; where you can believe and/or think that both choices AND fate (God - Deus Ex - Lucifer - Allah - Odin - Zeus - Ra - Shiva - Anansi-DESTINY) go hand-in-hand OR one would come in if the other is on (ahhhh) break.


Take last Sunday for example.


I was in a bus bound for the grand-folks house (because it was MORAL/SOCIAL OBLIGATION DAY) and I was worried about a ZIT perched on my NOSE like a heron on the back of a bull. 


As shameful as this sounds - while everyone was worried about the SPEED and/or the driver, I was worried about a ZIT!


And then - when the bus stopped to pick-up passengers - a girl, my age, came in and sat beside me.


She had ACNE. A WHOLE DARN LOT - TRUCK LOAD - TON of IT on BOTH SIDES OF HER CHEEKS!!!!


AT THAT instant, I was thinking a LOT of things, while the doe-eyed girl smiled at me.


Maybe the universe and its infinite power AND knowledge DOES have a sick sense of humor?


OR maybe - there really is SOMEONE/SOMETHING up/down/diagonal out there...waiting for a chance to solve a seemingly inextricable problem and make us laugh while at it.


Take your pick.


Good night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment