Thursday, January 20, 2011

If only...

...I had a hammer..I would hurl it like Thor's Mjolnir. (say it with me: MULE - NEARRRR!)


Flashback: Long time ago - I was in college - and when you're young (17) you look for something where you feel like you BELONG - and then you drown yourself with wonderful things or things that you THINK is/are wonderful.


And so, I found a WEBSITE. And it was fun - seeing that (almost) everyone in it shared the same interest as you - like Anne Rice or Lestat or (oohhh) shiny fangs.


Then heated debates - arguments - discussions - or mainly TALKING would come about and everyone would have fun or IS having fun.


Yes, crazies would come and say I want to live forever - who doesn't anyway? And yes, DRAMA! What would the WEBSITE be without it's coffee? Some even got suspended UNTIL Infinity (and beyond;  yes, Buzz Lightyear) for it!


BUT, that was a long time ago - and NOW - year of the Mental Rabbit - the WEBSITE still exists.


Regardless if I wasn't able to log-in for like a year or two (long hiatus as some call it) - the WEBSITE is still there/here.


Unfortunately - the first ones to stumble upon THE WEBSITE aren't there anymore, true there are still a few (like me) who would just go there to check on the new things but it's just not the same anymore.


To quote a few friends (first ones on THE WEBSITE like me)


"Oh lord. I don't even LOOK at the forums anymore. It's all nonsensical BULLSHIT rants from over dramatic, emo teenagers begging for attention and affirmation from complete strangers around the world. *snort* I DISLIKE other peoples children."


And another quote from another friend:


"Our time was intelligently stimulated"


What you see now would be things like:


"Please _______ me and I'll return the _______ so that I can get out of the RED"


Someone rated my profile and said:


"You got (OUT OF THE RED) straight away...that sucks...LOL!"


And THEN, we conversed..and THIS someone asked me a question which REALLY made me think:


"What makes YOU think you are not one of  THEM?"


I didn't know what to say really..


But, the ONLY reason I signed up on THE WEBSITE is that I needed a HOME or a safe HAVEN where I can share with anyone (IN THE WORLD - thank you very much) something / things that I know much or don't know much about and THEN we'll TALK about it.


My WEAK answer would be:


I READ content (?) Heh.


But now, regardless if you ask EVERYONE in THE WEBSITE NOT to stick something on your profile - they'd still click on something and POST.


Then TADA! SPARKLING thing - HUGE like the State of TEXAS on your Profile - with links that would lead you to - PHOTOBUCKET and/or their Profiles.


ANOTHER friend pointed out (this one new - but hey, a rockstar) in ways of posting a video/song


"A World Without Logos" (From Hellsing)


BUT then again - to quote the opening song from the (classic) Disney Animated Film Aladdin "It's tragic but HEY, it's home!" 


I have a few people who I can relate to - there's even ONE I pour out everything to - regardless of the MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING - but still THAT ONE is there, one I put on a high pedestal.


This (RANT) is probably another shot in the dark - and I'm NOT the first one to do this and THIS isn't the first time I did this - but then again, like V for Vendetta - WORDS are powerful.


And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is my hammer.





1 comment:

  1. high pedestal huh........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess it is pretty high.

    ReplyDelete